FAQ for Trips & Outreaches
Why do the trips cost so much?
The prices listed for each outreach experience covers everything except your food and your flights. That is a lot of stuff. During every outreach we will hand out over 2,000 bibles for free. Additionally, it costs quite a chunk of change to lease our 10’x20’ booth space for the duration of the convention. With housing and marketing materials for the outreach, these 4 categories comprise a majority of the expenses and need for fundraising.
Why can’t I just ‘volunteer’?
After years of scraping by as a ministry and most time going into debt to do these outreaches, we now only do outreaches with teams of people who are willing to mutually sacrifice and partner with us to share the burden of the cost. We all love these people enough to gladly make this sacrifice. There are many local opportunities in your area and in ours where volunteering can happen for free. However, this type of experience requires a team of fully qualified and financially sacrificial individuals.
Do I have to be 21?
Yes. Most times this is the requirement set by trade show promoter and state laws and has nothing to do with us.
What is included in this outreach experience?
- Local Transportation
- Training - ‘preparation for the convention floor’
- Evangelistic conversations on the convention floor; we get you into them, you do the rest.
- Daily prayer, bible study & reflective gathering experience.
- Gear. We make some pretty cool t-shirts & Bibles; you will get some!
- Highlight video of your week that includes you.
What should I expect @ an ADULT (porn) trade show?
- Nakedness. You don’t belong on the convention floor if you have or are recovering form a sexual addiction.
- Real people who are more like us than we are often comfortable with.
- An expectation that we are there to condemn them; we are not - see below
What it be like for our group @ the trade show?
- Come prepared to work in 2 teams. Typically there is early shift & 1 evening shift. Every day you will spend approximately 4-6 hours on the convention floor sharing your faith.
- XXXchurch provides a very creative booth, flyers, t-shirts, Bible and other elements that help us to stand out and be interest from a distance. Inevitably, people come to our booth for all kinds of reasons, but mostly out of curiosity. This is your opening to begin evangelistic conversations. You will find that sharing God’s grace and love is quite easy.
- You don’t need to have the ‘Roman road’, the 4 spiritual laws or any other evangelistic models memorized. You DO need to come ready to explain why you believe in God. People will ask. You don’t need to “win” the conversations, jut be ready and willing to have them.
- We are not looking for RIGHT NOW results in evangelism. We aim to show up where we aren’t expected to be, begin conversations about God, demonstrate grace and intend to follow up with all those who are interested. We are in this for the long haul. We want you to approach it that way as well.
What are the key elements in SIGN-UP phase?
- Pick a trip
- Fill out the application
- Pay the $100 deposit (part of the application process)
- Use personal and responsive friends for your references Do NOT USE your spouse, your mom or your Sr. Pastor who does not know you personally).
What are YOU responsible for?
- Clothing & personal stuff